A way for Schools to help Wheel of Hope through K.S.2
David is a qualified teacher and offers stimulating days at schools on the following topics
- The Monarchy, the Coronation, and The Constitution
- The Reformation and The Renaissance
- The Tudors
- Ancient Egypt
A great idea to bring to life the teaching of these fantastic topics and
David Calvert-Orange is a retired schoolmaster with years of experience teaching History, RE and Art as well as being an Egyptologist, artist and world traveller. Together with Pamela Nolan, over the past few years he has dedicated his life to the establishment of a small South Yorkshire based charity to help the destitute in India through education and self help schemes and now we have a day care centre that will guarantee the education of up to 50 children by providing their school uniforms and books and extra tuition in the evenings. We hope to open more of these in the future … but we need your help!
For Teachers we can offer
- A meal at Rockland House
- A trip to Egypt or Italy
- A holiday in India
ALL PROFITS FROM WHAT WE DO GO DIRECTLY TO WHEEL OF HOPE
David and Pamela have turned their home in South Yorkshire into an Educational Centre for Ancient Egypt studies and can offer the following to teachers and schools. Learn about ….
- The plight of poor Indian children during a special assembly.
- The Great Pyramid: The Gods of Ancient Egypt: The Story of Isis and Osiris: An Egyptian Temple: The incredible link between the Ancient Egyptian religion and advanced science: Tutankhamon, his brother Smenkhare, their murder and his treasure: The magical writing of the Ancient Egyptians: The reality of the afterlife and the 5 sacred texts
And at the Egyptology Centre
- The function of the Great Pyramid at the under ground recreation of what the interior of the Great Pyramid containing countless artefacts really means.
- The sacred rites in the Temple of Khons, recreated in the grounds of our house
The Renaissance And Reformation
Through this glorious rebirth of the learning discover the greatest minds and the greatest artists of all time
- Henry VIII……….and others
Throughout his career David has taken many school journeys to Florence Rome and Paris to show his classes first hand the wonders of this golden age. Through the most comprehensive collection of pictures he can bring this subject to life
- Re-enacting a Shakespeare Play
- Making a portfolio of Renaissance art
- Looking at famous paintings and statues
- Learning to copy the Renaissance way
- Making a Leonardo drawing
- Re-enacting the Roman Mass and a Protestant ‘Last Supper and explaining their relative significance
Experience a virtual tour of Ancient Egypt or the Vatican Museum without leaving your school!
The Coronation, monarchy and Constitution
Learn bout the role of our Queen in our constitution and throughout the world as well as experiencing an awesome reconstruction of the sacred rite of the Coronation of Her Majesty!